Saturday, January 10, 2009

"God's Plan"

OK--I wasn't gonna go into the whole "God" thing in respect to the Gosselins--but the recent interview and book statements that Kate Gosselin has made has caused me to abandon my better judgement and address the issue.
First of all, I respect everybody's right to their beliefs. If your religion/belief system does not condone or promote harm to others, then more power to you.
But please, do not tell me it is somehow God's plan to steal your children's childhoods away from them for your own gain. Yes, the children indirectly benefit materially from the show. Is that a good enough reason to exploit them?
When God offers us choices or opportunities, does he always want us to choose the path that WE want? If we find a bag of money on the street with a bank logo on it, shouldn't we return it to the bank? Or, does one say, "God wants me to have this money. He knows how much I need it! Thank you, God"? Hmmm.
Why do bad things happen to good people? And conversely, why do good things happen to bad people? Why does it seem that bad behavior often is rewarded? Hmmm. I don't think God is that easy to figure out, after all.

No comments: