Friday, January 9, 2009

More things...

More things--
Quick use of fertility treatments at a young age--always kinda wondered about that.
Kate was hospitalized for hyperstimulated ovaries (too many mature eggs about to be released), but then went ahead with the insemination anyway (it has been debated whether the insemination was done by a doctor or the "natural" way.)
If they were struggling financially (so they have stated) after the twins were born, why try for more children, knowing the risk of having multiples?
It just strikes me as extremely irresponsible to use fertility treatments in this way--the Gosselins were very young, newly married, and not financially stable, yet they decided to hurry the fertility process. Perhaps there was good medical reason for their hurry--I don't know.
However, after giving birth to a set of beautiful, healthy twins, Kate still wanted more. Ok--I get that the urge to have children is very strong in many people--and it is a very personal choice.

Some people have strong religious beliefs about procreation--I know. However, if one wants more children so badly, and feels that they are a blessing, why does Kate Gosselin frequently carp and complain when she has to fulfill her motherly duties? Why all the "woe is me" and "we went through hell?"
Many things about the Gosselins "inspirational" story don't add up to me. I'm not trying to judge their immortal souls-- I just wonder about seeming contradictions in what they say/write and in what they do.

No comments: